To apply for a Harbor Town Condominiums of Lake Saint Louis position, please click on the “Employment Application” link, print out the form, complete and either mail or fax to Harbor Town. Address and fax number can be found on the “Contact HTAA” link. We will review all applications and contact directly the applicants we wish to interview. No phone calls please.
Harbor Town is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Position Opening: Groundskeeper/Maintenance Person
Groundskeeper/Maintenance Person is a permanent part time position of 39 hours a week. Hours are 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Mondays through Friday. The position is responsible for the daily maintenance and repair of buildings, common grounds, swimming beach, boardwalk, and boat docks of a 156 unit condominium complex. Paid vacation after one year of service. No medical benefits provided.
Position requires basic carpentry, painting, and grounds keeping skills and the ability to use power hand tools safely and properly. Must provide own hand tools, Position also requires a valid Missouri driver’s license and proof of personal auto insurance as operation of Harbor Town work truck throughout the complex as well as trips to local building supply stores as needed or directed is required. Position requires interaction with our homeowners so a clear, pleasant voice and clean, neat appearance is a must.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintenance and repair of buildings, boardwalk, boat docks, swimming beach, and common ground.
- Tree and bush trimming, mulching and other basic landscaping chores.
- Power washing of boardwalk and boat docks each Friday (seasonal)
- Leaf collection and removal (seasonal)
- Maintenance of trash dumpster sheds (twice weekly)
- Light snow removal using work truck snow plow and sidewalk salting (seasonal)
- Documentation and coordination of work orders.
- Coordinating all work with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist with maintenance of pool and pool bathroom.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of construction or building work preferred.
- Technical proficiencies required:
- The ability and experience to use all hand tools of carpentry, painting, and grounds keeping.
- The ability and experience to use all small power tools of carpentry, painting, and grounds keeping.
- Proficient with basic math and measurements.
- Must possess and demonstrate effective written and speaking communication skills.
- Valid Missouri driver’s license and a properly insured, working auto
- Good decision making skills as applicant may have to work independently and occasional, on-the-spot decisions that affect their work, the condominium complex, and/or our residents may be required.
- Effective team player as the position will require a professional and effective coordination between, residents, board members, and maintenance personnel.
- Pass a criminal background check, reference checks, education verification, validation of driver’s license and proof of insurance, physical exam, and drug test.
- Education in carpentry, painting, and/or landscaping.
- Experience in condo/apartment maintenance.
- Experience in a maintenance supervisory position.